With the delicious and versatile flavor profile of Whey Wild premium performance protein, you can use it in a multitude of healthy desserts.
We wanted to try it out with some healthy blueberry donuts. For those looking for a somewhat healthy cheat meal, you can even add a delicious blueberry glaze to the donuts as well.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 scoop Whey Wild protein
2 tbsp Stevia baking blend
1½ tsp Baking powder
1¼ tsp salt
⅔ cup milk (can use 2% fat)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
½ cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp water
1 to 1½ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F
2. Spray non stick cooking spray into donut pan or a mini muffin tin for donut holes
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine
4. Mix the liquid ingredients in a bowl and combine
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and fold in with a spatula until a batter fully comes together
6. Pour batter into donut pan or you can use a spatula to put the batter into a piping bag to pipe into the donut molds. You should have enough batter to distribute evenly for 6 donuts. Do not overfill the donut molds.
7. (Optional) Place 3 fresh blueberries in the batter for each donut. You could instead use raspberries or even white chocolate chips
8. Bake 15 minutes. They are done when a toothpick or knife come out clean from one of the donuts.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool
For a glaze:
1. Place blueberries or berry of juice, lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix lightly every so often with a spatula
2. When blueberries burst and release their juices to create a purple colored juice throughout the pan, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until fully blended
3. Pour the blended mixture into a bowl. Optional: you can also strain the mixture through a strainer if you don’t want blueberry bits in the glaze
4. Pour in ½ cup increments of powdered sugar into the blueberry mixture and mix until completely combined.
5. Dip donuts in the glaze or drizzle on for cool designs. Don’t forget to add sprinkles and jimmies!